100% NATURAL INGREDIENTS
Sapon soaps are made right here in Australia. Sapon have been making hand made, natural, quality soap for over 20 years in their Melbourne workshop.
Their traditional handcrafted 'Low-Temperature Cold Process' ensures that your skin gets all the benefits of the nourishing and healing natural ingredients.
Sapon Goat’s Milk Soap can provide relief for many skin conditions including eczema, psoriasis, acne, fungal conditions and dry cracked skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties will sooth dry and damaged skin; its anti -bacterial properties will flush out harmful microbes, leaving skin stronger and healthier; and its moisturizing qualities will not dry your skin like many commercial soaps.
Q: So what’s so different about Sapon Soap?
At the heart of all Sapon Soaps are five key ingredients:
- 100% Pure Essential Oil
- Natural Glycerin
- Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Australian Goat’s Milk
- Australian Mineral Clay
Q: Why do you use Essential Oils and not Fragrance Oils?
We only use 100% Pure Essential Oils because they are natural plant extracts. Fragrance oils are synthetic compounds that dry and irritate your skin.
Essential oils have long been revered for their ability to soothe the body and harmonise the mind.
What many people do not realise is that essential oils can kill bacteria, fungi, and viruses. They can fight infection, treat skin conditions, and eliminate harmful microbes.
Q: Why does Sapon Soap have Glycerin when other soaps don’t seem to have it?
When soap is made from vegetable oils, the result is a base or crude soap and glycerin. Many commercial soap makers then remove the glycerin from their soaps and sell it at a higher price to companies for use in moisturising products. We leave the glycerin in our soaps to give you its full moisturising qualities.
According to one study in the British Journal Of Dermatology, glycerin can:
- hydrate the outer layer of the skin
- improve skin barrier function and skin mechanical properties
- provide protection against skin irritants
- accelerate wound-healing processes.
Q: Which base oils do you use in your soap?
We use Extra Virgin Olive Oil for four good reasons:
1. Olive oil is an antioxidant that can protect your skin from free radicals, which are chemicals that can potentially damage the cells of your skin.
2. It contains fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K, powerful antioxidants that help soothe, repair and nourish your skin.
3. Olive oil has been shown to have antibacterial properties and can assist to treat bacterial infections of the skin.
4. Olive oil is a popular natural moisturiser that is often used to soften both skin and hair.
We are also one of the few soap makers in Australia that use certified sustainable palm oil (CSPO). Palm Oil is essential in soap to make it firm and long-lasting (and not turn to mush). However, many soap makers still use palm oil that is not certified sustainable. It’s vital that we all support CSPO for a healthy and sustainable environment.
Learn more about Certified Sustainable Palm Oil (CSPO) from The Jane Goodall Institute Australia.